Monday, November 12, 2007

"The Best of Mr. Bean"



Before starting on my short, I started to look for good reference for physical comedy. I did a search for Mr. Bean and came across a DVD title "The Best of Mr. Bean". It's a great collection of Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) clips from various the series. The DVD pretty much sat in my collection wrapped for months...until today! I wish I would have seen this before animating.

I think for any aspiring or successful animator this is a must own. Rowan's comedic sense is brilliant. Everything from timing, to expressions, to situations and writing. One of the things that I also noticed is that he really has a great sense of staging and his posing is awesome. I also love that you can clearly see what he is thinking through his anticipations and pauses. Great stuff to study from.

No comments: