Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sketchbook Update


I have finally added some new images to my sketchbook page. It takes so much work to update that particular page, that I rarely do it. I added 11 pages of newer work. It's still not 100 percent up to date, but it's getting there. Above you will see one of the new drawings (click on it to see a larger version). I did that on the subway on my way home from work. It's one of my favorites because it's the drawing that has kick started me to draw the entire character and not just the head. My plan is also to ink and color this drawing as my first full illustration in a long time (since "Nunja"). I am really making an effort to draw more and draw full body drawings. I have always been afraid to, but since my run it with the AMAZING Alberto Ruiz (I will explain in a separate blog)...things have changed. I am no longer intimidated by full body drawings! Well enjoy!

Here is a link to my sketchbook page of my full website:
http://www.ricardovicens.com/sketchbook.html

1 comment:

Alfredo Gomez Jr. said...

Nice work...this work & the other sketches on your main site are getting looser & more interesting as a result...